The skyrocketing number of machine-to-machine (M2M) connections is driving the need for policy management as service providers manage and bill their M2M traffic. Service providers must be able to offer new deals, services and pricing models quickly and easily to keep pace with the fast growing M2M sector.
FTS’ policy control and charging solution for M2M prioritizes and manages machine-to-machine traffic, offering:
- Policy rules based on transaction type, time of day, network congestion, interactions frequency, criticality of data etc.
- Congestion-based pricing according to the traffic load
- Application, time and location-based pricing
Leap™ Policy Control enables service providers to apply different QoS levels, priorities and policies for different services or devices depending on urgency and importance. For example:
- Parking or vending machines report when network traffic is low
- Security cameras and medical devices report during the day with different price plans based on peak/off peak period, urgency, location, and priority